Friday 22 February 2013

TGIF: Iron Will, New Labels & How About a 3 Season Wool Cap?

The mighty 3...
(l to r): Reliable, Proctor Silex & Sunbeam
photo: Red Dots Cycling




My first iron (far right) was given to me by my Mother before I left for fashion school.

I can remember her using this old Sunbeam, she always had it. She knew how much I loved it. It was nice and heavy with full steam. When I moved to Vancouver, during shipping, a small piece of plastic housing broke that exposed the inner wiring. I do not use it for fear of a short circuit. The cloth extension cord is not safe either especially when you are working with power and steam so this stays on the shelf. 

As I moved to Vancouver, my friend Beverly was moving to take care of her Mother and so she gave me her Proctor Silex (middle one). This works ok but the steam is not constant and often leaves water marks. It's good enough if you are just ironing occasionally. I have it for many years and it was time for a new iron.

Well, finally, I bought a brand new iron ... my first iron ever!

Considering I iron almost everyday ...I definitely deserve this one. It's called, Reliable. As heavy as my old Sunbeam. The difference is it's solid = heavy and STEAMS VERY WELL! This one works as well as a professional iron with a separate water tank. The stainless steel plate glides beautifully. And another nice feature is the cord rotates 360 degrees never gets in your way. The control buttons are designed to be very easy to use.

And, on top of all it's orange... my favorite color!

Now, I'm ready for serious ironing!


We placed an order for satin labels to be sewn inside every cycling cap. It should take around two weeks and I can't wait to show it. One thing I can say, is that the caps will look better than our current printed labels. I will have a show and tell post when I receive it. This is the first step in improving our brand to give it a professional finish.


During Christmas, we had enquires about a 3 season cycling cap made of 100% light wool (no ear flap). Wool is an amazing fabric that can be worn all year round. It breathes and absorbs moisture. We believe a light wool cycling cap can be worn comfortably in Spring and Autumn. So, we would like to ask you all a question...


Would you like us to make a 3 season light wool cycling cap?


We welcome all of your comments!
Carolle


No comments:

Post a Comment